Dado™ 14/2 - Natural Wood Panel System
In many spaces, flat reflective surfaces can cause interfering reflections and excessive reverberation which can corrupt work environments, meeting and gathering areas, music quality and speech intelligibility to name a few. One of the most attractive approaches to controlling noise, sound reflections and excess reverberation is to utilize sound absorbing natural wood wall and ceiling panels. The Dado™ 14/2 Panel is a powerful union between architecture and acoustical performance. Utilizing fine 2mm grooves in a Class A fire rated, recycled, ULEF and FSC certified wood panel, Dado™ 14/2 achieves up to an NRC=0.90 while maintaining the ambiance of the space with reflections at the highest frequencies.
RPG developed the Dado™ 14/2 panel system to provide a decorative, structural wood panel solution that achieves high absorption values.
RPG Dado™ 14/2 panels are typically mounted with a porous, sound absorbing core behind, such as fiberglass board with appropriate density for optimum performance and to meet the requirements of the design. Mounting options include wall panel systems with a variety of cavity depths starting at 1-3/4" total system depth, as well as options for T-Bar compatibility.
Many types of panels are used in acoustical design to control noise, sound reflections and excess reverberation. Many products on the market can achieve the acoustical requirement, but many do so without also enhancing the aesthetics of the space.
RPG offers complete, quality assured, custom millwork panel fabrication that meets both the highest aesthetic and acoustical performance criteria. With our approach, the natural beauty of the wood is the feature, backed with an impressive acoustical performance.
- Configurations available for NRC = 0.90 (see data).
- Offers reflection and reverberation control in a beautiful millwork finish.
- Available in custom sizes up to 12' x 4'.
- Choose from any commercially available wood veneers, laminates or paint colors.
- Decorative and easy to install with z-bar for wall mounting.
- Can be integrated with several standard grids for ceiling mounting.
- Panel cores are high recycled content, ULEF, Class A Fire Rated and FSC certified.