The Omniffusor® 58 is a 2-dimensional sound diffuser created to expand the product line anchored by the classic RPG Omniffusor® - the first product of its kind offered on the market. The Omniffusor® design has become a classic shape in architectural acoustics; from its birth in 1990, it can now be found in schools, churches, theaters and recording studios all over the world. Its broad bandwidth and wide selection of finishes make it a logical choice for any space that demands peak acoustical performance.
With its deeper construction, the Omniffusor® 58 has been designed to extend the diffusion bandwidth into the lower midrange frequencies, while the natural wood construction of the unit limits the amount of sound energy that is removed by absorption.
The Omniffusor® 58 is available in a wide variety of finishes, including wood veneer, laminates, melamine coatings and painted surfaces. It is designed to be flush mounted to a wall or ceiling with the included mounting cleat, and dimensioned to fit into a standard, reinforced T-Bar grid.
Interfering reflections that degrade speech intelligibility, gain before feedback, and music quality can be controlled by absorption and/or diffusion. When absorption alone is used to control reflections it creates "dead" sounding spaces that lack the benefit of late order reflections which can greatly enhance the acoustic performance of a space.
The Omniffusor® 58 expands the first and still highest performing sound diffusing panel line in the world. Rather than remove the energy that strikes key surfaces in a space, the Omniffuser® 58 preserves the energy by uniformly distributing the energy back into the space. The onset of diffusion for the Omniffusor® 58 occurs at 320 Hz.
- Offers broad bandwidth sound diffusion, focused in the lower to upper middle frequency range in a decorative, wood cabinet.
- Comes in a variety of finishes, including wood veneer, laminate, melamine and custom paint colors.
- Comes standard 8" depth; units can be customized for either shallower or deeper units.
- Array along with Omniffusor® and/or Omniffusor® 113 units for more surface variety and increased diffusion bandwidth.
- Simple installation with included mounting cleat.